CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I just spent the last hour in my own private "he**." I don't know what I was thinking. Two children are taking naps, the other two occupying themselves quite nicely, and I'm scuttering around picking up the house. It's then that I notice the one thing I have been trying not to notice for, I don't know let's say, two years now. My blinds are a disgrace! They are past the point of a casual dusting, and now need to be cleaned and scoured slat by slat, one at a time. Well, I am up for the challenge. I can do this, right? I load up my trusty bucket with pine-sol and a rag and go to town. Only then does it become blatantly obvious that I have quite the project on my hands.


Wow. This is taking so long. Who knew these blinds were white? When was the last time I really washed these down? Oh yeah, that's right...before Braden was born. Yowza! Braden will be two next month. OOps. Hey, listen, I am a Mother of four! I just don't have time to sit around all day washing blinds. I am busy. I have many things to do. I hate washing blinds. This sucks.

Then, as I am standing over my kitchen sink on a stool, I am praying that I fall off and die.....okay, just fall off and break my leg, because hey, that puts an end to blind washing doesn't it? But NO, no such luck. So I continue on. I am mentally calculating how long it will take me to wash all the blinds in my house? Do I have 7 years of free time??? Why won't one of these dang kids wake up? How long do I have to keep up this manual labor? And then.......SALVATION! I glance down and notice that there is......A HOLE IN MY BUCKET! (No....I do not make this stuff up....well not *Most* of it anyway.) And that's my ticket out of there. Can't wash the blinds if I don't have a bucket. Ahhhh, crisis averted. Now if I can just keep my husband from reading this post...... He'll make me finish what I started....Oh, the horror!

7 comments:

Denette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Denette said...

Blinds clean easily when sprayed with sunscreen first. I can send Porter over to do that for you if you wish. I feel your pain!!!

Kristi said...

You, a mother of 4, should know by know that when the children are entertaining themselves quietly, so should you!!!! As in, a book, bath, nap, etc. Silly girl.

Damon said...

Flo- The work will go much more quickly if you get the mice and birds to help. All you need to do is make cute little clothes for them and sing songs. :)

Florrie said...

Damon, or I could get the rats, cockroaches, pigeons, and flies to help me....yeah, I know, I've seen "Enchanted" a few too many times.
I was shocked that you had even seen the movie "Cinderella" and then I remembered that you do have a daughter....your turning into such a softie....who woulda thunk.

PS Don't you know that I don't sew...not even outfits for birds and mice. DUH.

Sydney said...

My blinds need to be cleaned too so instead of cleaning them we're going to move. It will be a nice welcome project for the new owners:)

Florrie said...

Sydney, I like the way you think.....now if I can just convince Lewis to move. No really, this is such a big chore that I was seriously contemplating taking my blinds down and spraying them off with the hose on the front lawn. But, something told me that wouldn't be so good for them. As you can tell I loved cleaning them so much, I have yet to wipe down one more blind since I wrote this post. (But....I DO still have a hole in my bucket, so that's my excuse.)