CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Cheer Camp 2008

Rah Rah Ree,
Kick 'em in the knee


Rah Rah Rass
What a pain in my....other knee!



I have finally just recovered my from 7 days of cheer camp. (And no, it wasn't cheer camp for me, it was for my two cute girlies.) I don't know what I was thinking signing them up for this! Oh yeah, now I know what I was thinking. I was thinking that this year it might not be a pain in the rear. Boy, was I ever wrong.



I signed up Kylie last year, with minimal fuss. I don't seem to remember it being such an ordeal. Well, this year took the cake. It may have been because I had two daughters involved this year. (One of them being a stubborn three year old, who would not dance to save her life.....hmmm, maybe she got her mother's dancing skills..) I felt like I was in purgatory every time I stepped into that high school gymnasium. Picture this: Christina Aguilera playing on the radio;7 year old girls shaking their booties; my little Savy running around, not dancing, interrupting all the other 3 year olds that actually were dancing; Braden running around interrupting all the girls that were dancing; me pulling my hair out! I swear, I had to bribe Savy every day just to go and do her dance. "Savy, mommy will buy you a grab bag if you do your dance.... Mommy will buy you a pony if you do your dance..... Mommy will buy you a small island in the Caribbean if you do your dance......" Still, none of it seemed to work.



I was praying that the night of the performance all of those (15 year old cheerleader) teaching skills would pay off, and Savannah would actually get out there and DANCE. And low and behold.....she DID! (Kinda). And just like that......it was over. My season in Purgatory had ended. Now will someone please remind me not to do this next year! (For Savy anyway!) Kylie was a dancing champ....like always.



At least I got some cute pictures from it!


8 comments:

Aubree said...

What a pain... but too dang cute. Kylie showed me her "Devils" cheer the other day. Loved it!

Damon said...

GO DEVILS!!! woo hoo!

now, on to serious stuff:

Do you know what cheerleaders do in High School!?!?!

I DO!

(damon laughs and runs for cover before any ex-cheerleaders attack)

Damon said...

ah crap!

I meant to add:

Are you sure you want to encourage that?

:)

Florrie said...

No Damon.....I don't know what cheerleaders do in high school. Please enlighten me. (And thanks for the reminder that I never was a cheerleader....sweet.)

Meghan said...

But notice that he didn't marry a cheerleader.

Cute girls, cute pictures! It looks like they had a lot of fun.

Kristi said...

So cute!! You're a good mom for putting up with it all!

Jimi said...

Now don't be dissing cheerleaders-you all are just jealous! :) I'm so happy that the girls had a good time-I need a girl!

Damon said...

if you don't know, then i'm not going to tell you. ha ha ha!