CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Shoes


Oh Kylie. Always and forever will you be my little fashionista.
This morning Kylie and I had a debate....a shoe debate, if you will.
She wanted to wear her little, cute, wedge heel, strappy, white sandals.
They are/were usually reserved for church wear.
She thought they would look just "darling" with her outfit that she was wearing.
She was right.
They did.
Me, the ever-practical mother, worried about her little tootsies in said shoes for 8 hours.
She didn't.
"I'll be fine, Mom," she tells me.
"But what if you want to run, jump and play at recess? Can you do those things in those shoes?"
"Oh Mom, (soundly freakishly like a 13 year old, instead of a 7 year old) I hardly ever run around.....and jump roping, well, I never do that anymore."
So, after much debating back and forth....she won.
"She'll learn her lesson after 8 hours, " I thought.
"She'll see that good old mom was right after all."
And while I was doing her hair, she mused:
"I just like those shoes so much because they're....cute.
It's too bad that they don't make cute shoes more comfortable.
But that's okay.....I still want to wear them because they're so.....cute."
Oh Kylie, wise beyond your years.
May you always pick style over comfort.
But probably you won't.
Because look at me......only 30 and arguing for Pumas over cute, strappy sandals.
Who woulda thunk.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

That's your Kylie...forever wanting to be fashionable! MMMM...shounds a little like I used to be (like me insisting on wearing a flippin' ice cream cone brooch for school pictures, or taping fancy earrings to my ears!)
Gotta luv her...just as much as you luv me!

Jenny said...

shounds huh? That's how you say it when your tainy gets stuck on the roof of your mouth

Kaci said...

I am laughing out loud right now because that is the exact conversation I had with Addie this morning...only in reverse. It was me begging Addie to wear her cute, shiny wedge sandals because they look so much cuter than her "running shoes". And it was her saying "what if I have to run today?" only I followed her up with "You'll live. Beauty is Pain." Glad to see one of us is a practical mother. BTW, cute glass and Diet Pepsi calling your name. You game?

PS-Jenny, I love you. You're hilarious.

Aubree said...

I will never forget the infamous trip to the mall when Kylie "accidentally" forgot her shoes, so that we would have to buy her a new pair because you can't let your child walk around the mall barefoot. Haha! I love it.

Ms. Mort said...

Lew & Florrie,
I did it...I started a blog. I love reading yours. If you're interested it's
http://www.mildlymadmortz.blogspot.com/
You look like you are doing great!
Take care, Jen AKA Jenny the babysitter, sounds like a horror flick when I say it like that:)