CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Love me, Love my Doll



There. Really. Are. No. Words.
Okay, really....there are words. I just don't know if I'm allowed to speak them....and I've never been one that's short on words. In July my sister came into town. One day we were down in my scrapbook room just chillin'. This is how the conversation went:
Me: Oh my goodness....I saw the most disturbing show the other night on BBC America....
Sister: (cutting me off) Was it called Love me, Love my Doll??
Me: Nooooo.....not quite. But that's an interesting topic. Let's come back to that. (I then proceeded to tell her about the program that I watched, that quite frankly, had NOTHING to do with dolls of any sort.)
And then after that, we most certainly discussed. There is a lot to talk about when you are discussing a program with a title like "Love me, Love my doll."
I have watched and watched for the program to be rebroadcasted. Well, this past Sunday, good old Sis called all the way from Ohio and told me to tune in. And tune in I did......can you just say scarred for life?
I have never watched something so creepy and horrific in my life. The premise? A documentary (this means "true" people!) about adult men and their (ahem) life like dolls. I am crappin' you not. These men pay roughly $10,000 for each one of these dolls....and one perv had 8 of them. I would like to say to him..... well, I don't think I can say out loud what I would like to say to him. Lewis and I could hardly believe our eyes. It felt cheap. It felt dirty. It felt like watching a horrific train wreck that you could just not turn away from. The fact that men like these exist in this world made me want to vomit.
So, if you're ever scrolling through the channels and come across this program....and if you totally want an eye opening experience into the world of "real" dolls.....and if you want to be haunted for the rest of your life....then maybe, just maybe, you'll watch it.
Or not.
P.S I did want to save it to my DVR so that any of my curious peeps who wanted to pop over and watch it could, but then I realized that my children might tune into it in the wee hours of the morning when I am too lazy to get my butt out of bed....and that would be a nightmare! Not to mention, would open up a whole can of worms that shan't be opened up for a very long time....if you get my drift. So, delete....it's gone. Sorry.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Seriously, that is just WRONG!!! and really gross. And obviously these men are not ashamed of their pervertions. EWWW!

I have now joined the land of the living again, so give me a call sometime and we can get together.

Jimi said...

I remember you telling me about that a while ago. I can't believe that you found it, and I can't believe you got Lewis to watch it! The sad thing is, with Dee's weird taste of TV shows and movies, he would probably like it!

Jenny said...

Flo, Oh dear sister Flo! Now you know the meaning of "disturbed." Now you know the true meaning of all the inside jokes created at the family reunion. Oh yes, and now you know where to tell Lewis to shop...I mean...ummmm. Seriously, wasn't it the most disturbing documentary you've ever seen! There are some real freaks out there. I can't get over the fact that the first guy says something along the lines of "My dad doesn't like my doll...mostly because she's not real." HI-LARIOUS...yet sad and (yes I shall use the word a third time) DISTURBING!