CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Old


I'm not that old, am I? No wait....don't really answer that question. I know in a few months I'll be turning the terrifying age of.....well, I guess I don't really have to announce that, do I? But still....I don't think of myself as being much older than 20. Well tonight I got a reality check. Dear, dear Zachary was telling me about the story that he read at school. It involved kids going to school in the "old-fashioned" days.....you know, the days of little house on the prairie when all the grades (K-12) were in one school room. He then proceeds to ask me if it was like that when I was a little girl????


WTF. How old does the kid think I am??? Sigh. I guess I should get some more sleep at night because these bags under my eyes are making my son think that I was born sometime in the 20th century! Jeesh.....just what the heck are they teaching kids in school nowadays???


Dear Zachary,
Insulting your mother will get you nothing more than a trip to bed early.....without ice cream.....and more chores tomorrow.....like scrubbing my kitchen floor.....so just watch it buster!
Love, Mom

3 comments:

lelu said...

Just the other day our daughter asked me and Matt if electricity was invented when we were kids.
Yikes!

Meghan said...

This is why we just celebrated my 18th birthday.

Kaci said...

Don't ya just love kids? They make you feel so good. I mean, come on, you're really not that old! What's really gonna take the shiz, is when they start bringing things up that you do remember. For example:

Zach: Mom, guess what word I heard at school today?

Florrie: What?

Zach: I heard somebody call their 3 ring binder a Trapper Keeper. Can you believe that?

Florrie: Yes, Zach, I can. In fact back in the olden days, that is what they were called. We even had them in denim and you could write all over them. They were rad.

OR

Kylie: Mom, I found this old- fashioned magazine, check out these ugly clothes. What are they?

Florrie: Those were called "Units" honey. And they were all the rage. I had one in navy blue, forest green, and burgundy.

Kylie: Ew. You're old.

OR

Kids: Did you know that Michael Jackson used to be black?

Florrie: Yes, I remember.

Kids: You're so old.

BTW, wasn't that "bad" birthday last year? Just checking?