CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 8, 2008

School's In....free time here I come, baby!

So, I am long overdue in writing this post. For my oldest two kids, school has been in session for a few weeks now. Other than the fact that I am a severe slacker in the blogging business lately, I have been waiting until Savy started pre-school so that I could do one post all together. Well, alas, that day has come....and gone. But, better late than never. Lately, my house has been very quiet. With three kids gone to school on {most} days, I am starting to get a glimpse into my future and it looks GLORIOUS (and I'm not gonna lie, slightly terrifying as well.) One kid is so much easier (and quieter..... unless you have a child like Braden) than four, but it is also so lonely. Today I went out and ran errands, just B and I, and I hardly knew what to do with myself. Oh yeah.......now I remember what I did with myself. I totally put Braden in the wrong car seat (Savy's to be precise), didn't strap him in, and started driving down the road to get on the freeway. After glancing back to talk to him a couple of times, my brain suddenly said, "something is not quite right about this." Braden was just sitting there, as cute as can be, as free as the wind.....oh my......and I have four kids????? Sometimes I can't take care of just one. Sometimes I wonder what I'll do with myself when all of my kids are in school. (This is the point where Lewis tells me that online shopping is not a career.) I guess we will just cross that bridge when we come to it. And if you see me out and about with my ONE child in tow, please remind me that shopping is not the only thing I could/should be doing with my free time and that it is the law to buckle your children up! Until then: enjoy some cute pics of the kiddos first day of school....even if they are a little late!

Zachary and Kylie on their first day of school. Zach is in the 4th grade (yowza...am I really that old), and Kylie started the 2nd grade. Aren't they too dang cute.
My sweet Savy showing off her new school bag.
Savy's first day of school was so exciting for her. She looked forward to it all summer long, but the closer it got, the more nervous she got. I was prepping myself not to have a breakdown when I dropped her off ( I am a self proclaimed BABY), and I was totally being strong until I looked down and saw her lower lip trembling. I had to hurry and run out of the teacher's house, get into my car, and cry my ever-lovin' eyes out. I can't believe how old she is....all grown up. SIGH.

1 comments:

Kristi said...

I know what you mean! Samantha just started preschool and life with one child at home...even if it is only for 2 hours is wonderful! I can't believe how old your kids are getting?! And so cute too! If you find yourself looking for something to do, come play with us!