CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Hot Mirror

There is a phenomenon in my house known as the "hot mirror." Let me break it down for you....and I know all you ladies know what I'm talking about. There are certain mirrors that one comes across that are more flattering than other mirrors. As a person of the female persuasion, I happen to know where these mirrors exist. (For example, the Provo Towne Center downstairs public bathrooms have great mirrors....very flattering. However, do not go into American Eagle (in the same mall) and expect that you will even look like the same person. Those mirrors are of the devil.) Well, I, Florrie I. Nuttall, have my very own mirror of wonder in my humble abode. I have deemed it the "hot mirror" because I look totally hot every time I look in this mirror. My thighs look skinnier, my hair looks better, my face looks younger, heck, even my hoo-haas look bigger......not that I really need the latter, but still, you get my drift. This "hot mirror" is not to be confused with "skinny mirror" which is downstairs in my basement. I visit "skinny mirror" periodically when I am exercising downstairs, and while I appreciate "skinny mirror" for it's ability to make me look 20 pounds lighter, it does not have the self-esteem booster that "hot mirror" has. The only problem with "hot mirror" is that exists inside my curio cabinet. So, in order to get a view of the goods, one has to crouch past various knick-knack paddy wacks, and bob and weave to get a clear view. But, in my mind, TOTALLY worth it. I mean, to come across a "hot mirror" is a once in a lifetime opportunity.....and I feel it is a gift to own one of these priceless jewels in my very own home.

And now, off to check in "hot mirror" to see how I look for my date with my hubby tonight. My prediction??? I'll bet I'll look totally HOT.

5 comments:

Kristi said...

I really need a hot mirror and a skinny mirror in my house. I have a semi-skinny mirror in my bedroom, but nothing too flattering. Banana Republic has great skinny mirrors!! Enjoy your date with your hubby tonight! I'm sure you deserve it!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Dang sheets, Florrie. You had me rolling in the kitchen this morning after reading this post. How are you not a famous columnist?

Jenny said...

I kinda have a hot mirror in my house. The problem with hot mirrors is that if you look in them and then look into a not-so-hot mirror, you feel like crap and think....my hair and make-up look like shiz...WTF! Oh if only I had a skinny mirror...I would never leave it...

Ms. Mort said...

How about this Florrie...I will let you have some of my "nuts" if you'll help me locate a "hot mirror" preferably not on the back of a curio cabinet. Jen :) P.S. You are a funny, funny girl! I am so serious. I am aspiring to be more like you.

Kaci said...

Shiz.Ah. I totally need a hot mirror. All I have are piece of freakin crap mirrors that make me use questionable language when I look in them. Can I come over and give my self esteem a boost? I'm with Jenny on this one. I go to a store. Try on a cute dress. Come home. Put on said cute dress for church only to discover...not as cute as I thought! PIECE OF CRAP MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...perhaps if I didn't eat a half a chocolate cake for breakfast.