CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Yeah.....we pretty much rock as parents....

That's what Lewis and I were saying to ourselves in bed last night. We were giving ourselves a huge pat on the back, because really, who's better parents than we are? (Don't really answer that question.) In all of our awesomeness, we surprised our kids on Saturday with a trip to the Happiest place on Earth (which I've been told is different for some people) but for us it spells DISNEYLAND. And get this.....this is how we told them. (Because again, all super cool parents, raise your hand. Hollah!)



After we had our weekend ritual of Chinese take-out, we gave our kids their "Special" fortune cookies. (Not those kind of "special" cookies....jeez you sickos.) These fortune cookies were specially prepared by dear old me, and as you can see, made it very clear where we were going to be headed this week. After much screaming, jumping around, and near wetting of underpants, the kiddos calmed down enough to shower us with praises.





"You're the best Mom and Dad ever!"

"We love you so much!"

"You should be given the "parents of the year award." (Okay, this is maybe a stretch, but that's how they made us feel.)

Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats having your kids think that you are the bomb.com.


So, my fellow bloggers, try not to think of me this week as I walk around Disneyland in the 70 degree weather, holding a hand- dipped corn dog in one hand and a Mickey Mouse shaped ice-cream in the other, while I ride on Space Mountain and get Mickey's autograph. With my diet out the window I will not eat anything that (in my words of my bro-in-law, Dave) is not deep-friend and is and/or rolled in sugar. That's just how I roll. I will report my adventures when I return.

Peace out Peeps!



***P.S Blah, blah, blah, blah....I know I've been gone awhile from blogging. Please don't remind me of this fact....I am deeply aware of it. Blah, blah, blahedy freakin' blah....I'll be better in the future....I promise.



9 comments:

Kristi said...

You are good parents! Except, you're like a month behind MY good parenting as I took MY kids to Disneyland in January....the most god-forsaken month of the year!!! So there sista!!!!

Really though, hope you guys have a super good time and get really fat!!

Tara Bennett said...

You really are great parents! Love the fortune cookie idea. Not that one, sicko, the Disneyland announcement one! Hope you enjoy rollin with your deep-fried and/or sugar-filled treats, ridin the rides, and enjoying your days in the sun as the best parents around. Can't wait to see pix when you get back! (And I AM fully expecting them!) Hollah!

Angee Leishman said...

Seriously you are too cute!!! Have so much fun!

Mike Hurren said...

My kids definitely wish they had parents like you. Nice work. I'm hoping never to take my kids to the Disneyland, but that's why I'm a jerk.
All I could think of while reading your post, though, was the old Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy:
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said. "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down, he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

Curt, Lace and Harper said...

Yeah you pretty much are great parents! We are going to take Harp sometime soon. Let me know how Brayden does with it. Harper gets to go there for the reward of being potty trained. So he is so excited.

Nick and Amera said...

thats right girlfriend, THROW THAT DIET OUT THE WINDOW!! Not like you need to go on a diet anyway ya butthead. Well I hope you know that i've already taken and pattoned the title of thebomb.com mom (or whatever you called it...) so your going to have to pay me the big bucks if you want that title!! You are so cute florrie, if I could keep you and hang you on my wall I would! What a nice decoration you would be in my home. Everyone just wants to be your friend cause you are so fun and happy to be around! I think for the sake of my job you should just come in and see me just to keep the wheels in my life turning! (cause mccoy isnt enough....) Your the best ever, I love you to death. I hope your having the time of your life in disney land with a deep fried fat something in one hand and an ice cream cone in the other. I'll just be here getting fat, gaining weight, and having painful legs and cramps if you need anything at all.....Love you!!!
p.s. oh and seriously.....weather you and Dannette like it or not, im taking you both and all your hair wiht me no matter where I end up in life......clients and stylist for life and dont you forget it!!

Marnae said...

Seriously, you are the best parents in all of the land, I bow at your perfect parental feet. I only wish you would adopt me and my wee ones when you plan these things. Hope all of your dreams come true.
P.S.
We only want you to blog because you are not only the best parent but also the funniest gal. So don't get all huffy about us wanting more just blog. Then maybe you can have the best blogger in the world title.

Nick and Amera said...

OH MY!!! IM SORRY, I READ YOUR FRIENDS COMMENT TO YOU (THE ONE JUST BELOW MINE..) SHE IS RIGHT! YOU JUST MIGHT BE THE BEST BLOGGER IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. WHAT WOULD THAT BE LIKE...BEST PARENT....BEST BLOBGGER.....BEST CLIENT......WOW, WHATS IT LIKE FLORRIE? TO BE SOOOO GOOD AT EVERYTHING?? AHHAHA I LOVE YOU!

JT, Carly, Boston, Jocelyn and Snuggles said...

I agree, you are some of the best parents. How fun for your kids. I hope you had a great time!