CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Bah Humbug......


Bleh.....I woke to snow covering my ground this morning. The first thing out of my mouth? "Yuck. I'm not ready for this." Lewis asked me just what my whole "problem" with Winter was anyway? "Do you want me to make a list?" I responded back. And I could. Make a list that is. Of all the things that I hate about this dreaded Season. As a matter of fact, Spring and I still haven't made up. I haven't forgotten how it snowed clear into JUNE. We got jipped. And now? Here we start the long, cold winter. BUT, I don't want ya'll to think I'm a total hater. (Plus, we did just teach the kiddos in FHE on Monday about gratitude. I don't want to be hypocritical.) SO, to honor the first snow of the year, I will think of FIVE things that I LOVE about the winter season. Here goes:


1. Well duh? Christmas, Baby! Who doesn't love this Holiday, that's what I wanna know. Snow is a vital part of the Season.


2. Drinking hot chocolate with my kids. A couple years ago I asked for a hot chocolate maker for Christmas and it has been, hands down, one of the best gifts I have received. I love that dang thing! If you ever mosey down by my hood, I'll make you a scrumptious cup.


3. I'm looking forward to FINALLY being able to stay in the house and complete some projects. Can you say scrapbooking? Can you say Six years behind? Yeah. Enough said. I will also use this time to hone up on my Wii skills. I will bowl a 300. I will play MarioKart until I am number 1. I will finish Mario Galaxy. I will learn to play "Talk Dirty to Me" on an expert level.....yah know, all those REALLY important things in life.


4. Two words.....JACK BAUER. I will spend all Winter long watching the love of my life as he saves the world from more peril and strife. (P.S Why didn't we elect Jack Bauer as President of the US.????)


5. When else but the Winter can we get awesome photo ops like this one? Yeah, this is Braden, outside with the pumpkins covered in snow (mental note: throw pumpkins in the garbage), in his winter hat, sans coat, but wearing his FLIP FLOPS. He's my kinda kid. Way to stick it to the man, B......the Winter man, that is!
P.S. This was HARD.....coming up with five things I love about winter. Again, just in case you forgot, I DON'T LIKE WINTER. Somehow I will persevere. Somehow.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Amen Sista! I cannot believe that it has snowed already! I SO am NOT looking forward to snow. Like I always say, snow should happen 1 week before christmas and stay only for 1 week after! Wouldn't that be great! Bah humbug to me too I guess! Oh and P.S. Where's your ever-lovin Vingette...I'm waiting!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

Touche.

But I'll bet it felt so good to actually type these words:

Way to stick it to the winter man.

Yes. I did just tink.

The Kolste Family said...

I don't even know what a hot chocolate maker is! I guess I am going to have to mosey across the street and find out! ALSO...we need to have a Wii tournament...you are going to love that matching game!
Sorry about your little guest you had today! I curse the day I said we could get a dog!

Ms. Mort said...

When you are having a Wii day, give me a call.

Denette said...

I think you hate winter because you can't hang out with your neighbors on the porch. Well... maybe we could heat the porch and enjoy hot chocolate while our kiddos make snowmen.

Kaci said...

Can I just tell you that I am giddy at the thoughts of Jack Bauer's return...down right giddy!