CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

26.2

It was grueling. It was hard. It was physically AND mentally exhausting. I was sick. I threw up....... A lot. I was NOT at the top of my game. I did not get the time I was {hoping} for. I am sore. I can barely walk. All I want to do is lay in my bed all day and eat all the food I deprived myself of for so long. I have already lost one toenail. I'm sure about three more are to follow. I NEVER want to do another one. (At least that's what I'm telling myself for now.) But when I look at this picture......




.....I know that all my hard work was worth it.( I hope my kids will remember that their dear old Mom ran a marathon or two back in the day. )




And to my dear friend Kaci. Thanks for all the training. The laughs. The wetting in the pants....literally. The big Macs after long runs and the diet cokes and donuts. Thanks for making me run the damn thing because I never, EVER will forget it. I love you tons....and let's not do another one anytime soon, okay?

12 comments:

Kaci said...

First of all my BFF, let me say, you rocked that 26.2! You were hard core to do that feeling like crap! And I am so glad we were able to train together! It made it not only bearable, but fun! Only you could make running a 16 miler while bleeding to death fun! Thanks a million!! And let's at least throw in some long runs here and there so we can "reward" ourselves in the end!
Love ya tons!!!

Kristi said...

Congrats my dear!! I am very proud of you! I would never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever attempt a marathon, so I am in awe of you! Hope your toenail grows back nicely!

Sydney said...

You go girl! I'm super impressed and I'm half way training myself....I've already got the Big Macs, Diet Coke and Donuts down, now I need to get the running part in and I'm totally there!

Aubree said...

I don't know why that just made me cry... Blame it on the pregnancy hormones. I don't really ever want to run 26.2 miles, but I hope I one day have the motivation that you have!!

Jen said...

Toe nails, schmo-nails I always say. Who needs 'em? I do think that's pretty cool that you're a little bit crazy enough to run that thing!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

YAY! You did it! You rock, girlfriend.

I'm totally inspired....to drink a Diet Coke & eat a donut.

Thank you.

Shelly said...

Wow! I'm so impressed that you were able to do it--and finish it!! You are absolutely my hero!!

macman said...

I'm so proud of you Florrie! I can barely walk to the mailbox without pain- I can't imagine 26.2miles! Good job! and to have your family there to give you such support - that's really a precious picture. Love you, Mom:)

Celiece said...

Congrats on running that marathon and thanks for the best pants wetting story ever. I still laugh thinking about it!

Nick and Amera said...

You are the bomb Florrie, I seriously dont know how you do it! What an awesome accomplishment!! I hate to run, but if I liked it, I would try something like a marathon...but since I hate to run I probably shouldnt try it...right? Anyway, you are so darling, I lov eyou and miss you!!!

Turley Family said...

Hey girl, this is annie aubree's friend! Way to go! I did the St. G marathon the same year you did! I want to run another one, but can't get excited about the dang training! It's the worst! Way to go on your 2nd marathon! What marathon did you run? not trying to blog stalk you. i just like to see how you are your family are doing every once and a while!

Tara Bennett said...

WOW. Congrats girl!