CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bling

Remember when you were a wee little child and you received a new pair of tennis shoes you were absolutely, without a doubt, CONVINCED that they made you run faster? Remember how you would put them on and cruise around the neighborhood and yard just like Forrest Gump? Remember how you thought that no one in the entire world was as fast as you? Well, since I'm spoiled (hey, I'll be the first to admit it) and I wanted somethin' kinda pricey for my Mother's Day present......and I didn't want to actually wait until Mother's Day to get it......my husband gave me the go-ahead to order this little beauty:









For those of you who are nonthewiser.....this here little gem is the so-called BLING of the runner's world.....a Garmin Forerunner 305. This little beauty does practically everything that a runner wants it to do, with the exception of actually running for you. It tells you your pace, your time, how many miles you've gone, how many calories you've burned.....you name it. And it has become, in a sense, my "brand new shoes." I can strap this baby one, go for a run, and feel faster. (This is mainly due to the fact that it beeps every time I go below a certain pace as if to tell me : "Get your fat butt moving.....you slow poke." But hey, who's complaining.) I am in love with it and know without a doubt that I could give old Forrest a run for his money......but really, who's bragging? Oh wait.....that's me.


Oh, and as a double whammy.....and because again, let me reiterate, I'M SPOILED....my husband also let me buy these.....

Oh, that's right baby......watch out for me......and catch me if you can. I am the so called "triple threat" of the runner's world.......I just haven't come up with the third threat yet. If you find it would you please let me know. Thank you.

Pssstttt.....One more thing: I've decided to run another MARATHON! You could say I'm more than just a little bit crazy.

5 comments:

Shelly said...

I've got your third threat: you run so fast that no one can see anything but your gorgeous red hair fly by, thus making your cool supehero name (your third threat): The Red Flash!

Or something like that.

Sydney said...

I bought myself the Garmin 405 last summer. I'm super excited to use it and hopefully it will motivate me to go father than a block!

Good luck with the training for the marathon. I think that's super cool.

Kaci said...

I am so glad you have the Dirty Whore now. There I said it. The real name of the Garmin. She is going to make us kick butt in the marathon! I must admit though that I do love me some dirty whore when she tells us how dang many calories we've burned! Not loving her so much in the middle of a flippin' 20 miler though.

And in case I haven't told you enough...you are truly the bestus friend ever for running the da** thing with me!!!

Anya said...

Dude, I think it's awesome that you have finally came to your senses, and desided to run with the other crazy gals...whats the fun in running 20 miles if you are not in training for the big run?
the new bling and shoes look great

Nick and Amera said...

those are awesome gifts Florrie! I want to get Nick something like this for fathers day...... email me the info on these items like prices and stuff....cause he really loves this kind of stuff...
anjarvis06@hotmail.com
Love your stinkin guts! Still no baby, but contractions up the wazoo!!!