CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The birds and the bees.....Pinata Style

Dang that Santa. Dang him right to heck. (And dang the use of my "clean" language, when all I really feel like doing is swearing right now. BUT, you never know who's reading this blog, right? So, I will just continue to swear in my mind and pretend that I really do have a mouth that I could kiss my Mother with.) Now, what did the big guy do that's so bad, you might ask? Well, this is exactly what he did. He gave my 9 year old son a lesson in Sex Ed that we didn't quite bargain for..... all through a seemingly harmless video game...... that he got for Christmas. Is it all starting to make sense now? Really? You're still lost? Well, let me fill you in. Grab a drink and a snack 'cause this is gonna be GOOD! (And juicy.....and full of innuendos....if you're lucky! {wink, wink})

So, do me a fav. Watch this video real quick.....It won't take long....I promise. 43 seconds or less.... Just do it.....It'll be worth it.....



Now what do you see from this video? I see a fun-filled game involving pinatas. Nothing more. Nothing less.No blatant sexual undertones. No underlying innuendos. No mention of, dare I say, intercourse. (Gasp.) So I urged Zachary to ask for this game for Christmas. I am all about being able to use my children's Christmas toys as my own, and this game kinda intrigued me. Hmmm...plant a garden, attract species of pinatas, take care of your garden. Seems harmless enough. Bam! Christmas day, said game is opened and oohed and aahed over. Zachary plays it for awhile and then a couple of nights later when he's in bed I decide to give it a little try. I am hooked. I start by making my garden. Then I plant certain types of plants and this attracts certain species of pinata. Then, having certain species of pinata in your garden attracts other species of pinata. Seems kind of dumb, but oh so addicting! Then, the longer I play the game, the more skills I gain....And I've got mad skillz, baby! It's then that I realize this: Your pinatas can procreate! Well I never......

So this is how it goes.

1. You must have two of the same species of pinata. (Well, thanks captain obvious.)

2. All of the pinatas "needs" must be met. ( Things like feeding them a certain food, or making sure a certain type of plant is growing in the garden.)

3. You need to make sure they have a house. ('Cause I guess these little suckers don't want to "do it" in the car. Where's their sense of adventure, I ask you.)

After all of their needs are met is when the "magic" happens. You drag the two little love birds together. Little hearts flutter above their heads. The screen flashes forward to the inside of the house. The two pinatas are doing a love dance. (I am NOT making this up.) Now the screen flashes to the outside of the house where it is ROCKING UP AND DOWN! (Holy snake eyes on Sunday.) Then it flashes back into the inside of the house where the male pinata rolls over and falls asleep and the female pinata lights up a teeny tiny pinata cigarette. (Okay, just kidding....now I'm making it up, but I just wanted to see if ya'll were paying attention.) So, after they are done shaking the house to high heavens, both pinatas crawl out of the house and go their separate ways. Pretty soon the baby fairy comes and drops an egg in your garden, and in 1-2 minutes you are the proud parents of a baby pinata! (Whoops. I guess they forgot to use protection.) I am crapping you not!

I don't want to even know what sorts of thoughts are running through my 9 year olds head right now......fluttering love hearts......foreplay dancing..... if the house is rockin' don't come a knockin'.....Isn't he too young for this stuff? Isn't he too young for this video game? What's this rated E for everyone junk?! And why, oh why, did he have to learn the birds and the bees from a stinkin' video game? I for sure thought he'd learn it from some dirty little perv on the playground. I guess it's time for that 'Talk." The one that I'm going to make Santa Claus come and give him!

7 comments:

Aubree said...

Oh I do NOT envy you. I know, I know, my time will come... but hopefully not for 9 more years!!!

Kristi said...

I am traumatized!! And I didn't even experience it! And I have experienced the actual act....which is sometimes traumatizing to me, so I can only imagine your poor 9 year old!! Sigh....I guess the "talk" had to happen sometime!

Cheeky Kitchen said...

This is me snorting at the teeny tiny pinata cigarette line.

{Snort.Laugh.Snort.Laugh.Snort.Laugh.}

John is in a bishopbric meeting and I am emailing him this RIGHTnow. We'll see how well he keeps his snort.laughs in.

Because, let's be honest. THAT WAS HILARIOUS!!

Love you.

Tara Bennett said...

You should have seen my face when you said the female pinata smoked a cigarette! LOL. I WAS paying attention. =)

I would be p.o.'d at the pinata-game-makers, not poor Santa. He was blindsided by that 'rated E for everyone, even pinatas' bit.

I can't believe the house rocks up and down. I'm aghast. I don't even know for sure that that's a word, but it just felt right.

Aubree said...

Nana doesn't know how to comment, so I am making this comment in her behalf...

Florrie, what are you doing to my grandchildren???? Throw that game away!

Kaci said...

For hell sakes, I don't even know where to begin. Although let me first begin by saying that was the funniest post I have EVER read in my entire life. What the crap? (You'd think we just got done with a run with the words running through my head now.)
Okay, for starters (this might take a while)...at least they were thinking. And by that I mean at least they know "needs" must be met. Like "Hi my cute little pinate wife, you look so skinny, do you want me to grab the KY"...that kind of stuff. They are on the ball.
Here is where they dropped it a bit...the fact that they need a house so they can "rock it". Just ask around (to women only) when was the last time it "rocked the house"? I mean come on.

Poor Zach, the wheels in his head are turning now and he is thinking back to the time he picked the lock...

Nick and Amera said...

OH MY!!! That probably helped me learn more than my sex ed class in 10th grade!!!!! what a freakin game! I mean, freakin!!! I am so sorry for you, but I cant stop laughing because if you wouldnt have described it so funny, it wouldnt have been! good luck with that one sista!!!! Ouch!!! dang!!!! haahh, man that sucks!