CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 10, 2007

A Letter


Dear Eclipse,

Why are you taunting me? When I ordered you on Monday, you said that you would arrive in 5-7 business days. You are a few days early, and it is really causing me stress. Do you realize what I have to do today? I have piles and piles of laundry, a kitchen floor that needs mopping, a husband due to arrive tonight. I have kids that need to be fed, and cleaned up after, and fed, and cleaned up after again. I need to referee fights and combat the whines of "Mom, there's nothing to do. What can we do???" I have toilets that need to be scrubbed, a toy room that is an absolute monstrosity, and somewhere in all the middle of this I need to find time to take a shower! And yet, every time I pass you sitting so prettily in your amazon.com box, it takes all the willpower I have to look away. If I mop the kitchen floor can I sit down and read for 15 minutes?? Alas, I better not....15 minutes will turn into 2 hours and 2 hours into 2 days. Oh why, oh why can't today I be a full time reader, part time mom?


Thanks for listening. Until we meet.


Love, Me

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Oh my gosh-it's a miracle, two posts in two days! I think I will faint. I know how you feel Flo, all I want to do is read my book, but I just feel like crap (literally) and I can't do anything except lay on my bed and go to the bathroom! Sorry TMI I know.

Signed anonymous sister-in-law

Oh sure, I tried to send my message anonymously, but your account doesn't allow anon. comments. Now everyone will know who it was that share too much information.

Aubree said...

Just wanted to let you know that I finished Eclipse yesterday! I loved it so much, but I am so sad that I have to wait a whole year for more!!